- 1 likes ||
- 1 comments ||
- 2 minutes ago
Toxic cyanobacteria can cause damage to the brain, liver, and kidneys if it's swam in or ingested.
Toxic cyanobacteria aka blue-green algae is primarily a concern during the summer months, when can be found in small lakes or ponds.
The organism varies in color and symptoms may start appearing in dogs within minutes to hours, causing brain, liver, and kidney damage. It's important to look out for warning signs about algae, rinse off dogs after swimming, and carefully monitor pets afterwards.